During the March Recipe Challenge, I challenged myself to try a minimum of 10 new recipes, or about two new recipes per week. It was fun, especially compared to the grueling challenge I put myself this month to, and – or perhaps because – it hardly felt challenging at all. But you know, sometimes it is nice to put yourself a goal you know you can easily reach.
Extra motivation was The Oh She Glows Cookbook that I got from the library, and many of the dishes I tried this month were taken from that book. Some disappointed me, but most of them turned out well and were easy to make. (I’m thinking to review the book in a different post. Let me know if you’re interested in reading (cook)book reviews.)
Throughout the month, I tried a total of 13 new recipes, including three breakfasts, two desserts, three soups, two salads, two entrées, and one side dish.
recipes I tried during the March recipe challenge:
- Asian-style salad (my own creation)
- Soul-Soothing African Peanut Stew (from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)
- 10-Spice Vegetable Soup
- Cream of Tomato Soup WIth Roasted Italian Chickpea Croutons (from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)
- Asian-style Noodles (my own creation)
- Luxurious Tomato-Basil Pasta (from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)
- Gluten-Free Chocolate-Almond Brownies (from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)
- Fudgy Mocha Pudding Cake (from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)
As you can see, I started off really well, photographing every new recipe I made. But as the month passed, I became lazier and lazier,
forgetting not bothering to take photos anymore – not even a quick snapshot with my phone. Perhaps I should put myself to a photography challenge to revive that hobby a bit. Any thoughts or ideas?